Regional Creative Industries Alliance – From European recommendations to better regional CCI policies for a more competitive economy
RCIA aims to improve the Structural Funds policy instruments related to the SME competitiveness through interregional policy learning. This is done by:
- Focusing on supporting creative SMEs to set impulses for higher growth
- Positioning CCI as “the missing link” throughout sectors and disciplines regarding innovation and competitiveness
- Increasing the attractiveness and innovative image of a city/region/country (attract talent, create & retain jobs in the territory)
- Positioning CCI as a pillar of the competitiveness policy.
By exchanging 20+ good practices between regional policy-oriented stakeholder groups and implementing the learnings through 8 regional action plans we aim to increase the number of collaborations between creative SMEs and companies from the wider economy. This leading to a higher competitiveness of both types of SMEs and eventually to new products and solutions developed through cross-sectorial collaboration.
RCIA intends to
- Strengthen the creative SMEs competitiveness by improving their skills (development/execution of business plans, interaction with investors, mentoring programmes) and to support their growth on global markets
- Adapt various funding mechanisms to the particularities of CCI (including the possibility of capacity building measures for banks)
- Increase the awareness of the companies from the wider economy on the transformative power (added-value) of creative SMEs for their own competitiveness
- Develop/adapt/improve the eco-system from classic spatial cross-collaboration into a holistic approach.
At www.interregeurope.eu/rcia you can learn more about the project, partners of the project, policy instruments addressed and get the latest news updates.